1. It’s Free! All our publications are available at no cost to our readers. That’s a nice price tag for all the content you get.
2. It’s About Our Families. We are all parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles here. Our content is directly inspired by our own experiences with our kids.
3. It’s About Your Family. From our parenting columns to spotlights on local schools, we write about the topics that matter to families in our community.
4. So Many Giveaways. We love giving away free stuff! Every month we host giveaways for items such as theatre tickets, movie passes, zipline tickets, DVDs, books and more. Plus in December we have “12 Days of Giving” with even more cool stuff to win.
5. Daily Events Calendar. Our day-by-day calendar is chock full of events that interest the whole family. From storytimes, family fun days, classes and clubs, we fill up each day with ideas on how your family can spend time around town.
6. Summer Camps & Activities Fair. This yearly family-fun day has become a staple in the community for parents looking to plan their kids’ summer. Booths by camps, daycares, enrichment classes, afterschool clubs and more are on site along with games, activities and prizes for the kids.
7. Local Cover Models. Every cute kid you see on the cover of Lexington Family Magazine is a child from Central Kentucky. Our annual Cover Model Contest at the Summer Camp & Activities Fair yields some fantastic cover models who could be your next door neighbor.
8. Scholar Athletes. This feature, sponsored by Kentucky Utilities, has celebrated more than 240 students in Central Kentucky for their academic and athletic accomplishments. Not only are they featured in the magazine, they also have a chance to win scholarship money sponsored by realtor Mike Pulliam and other local business people.
9. Educator of the Month. Throughout the school year we receive nominations for Educator of the Month, a feature sponsored by Asbury University. Honoring these outstanding teachers is a small way we like to say “thank you” for all that they do for the students in our area.
10. Writing Contest. Our annual Writing Contest inspires hundreds of students around the Bluegrass to try their hand at creative writing. We also offer awesome prizes like American Girl dolls and Lego sets for the winners, and a cash prize for the school with the highest participation.
11. Directories You Can Use. From summer camps, private schools, birthday parties, fall festivals, daycares and preschools, we compile lists of all these items so you have the info you need right at your fingertips.
12. All About Health. Our monthly columnists include a pediatrician who takes on a new topic each month about your child’s health. We also interview a behavioral optometrist each issue to write about eye and vision health. These experts are dedicated to making your kids healthier and happier.
13. The Baby Bump Maternity Guide. We care about your family from the very beginning of your journey. The annual maternity guide features articles about prenatal health, yummy recipes, baby name games and a directory of all things baby-related in the Bluegrass.
14. The Baby Bump Online. In addition to the annual print maternity guide, we stay current online throughout the year. At www.babybumplexington.com you can find breastfeeding support, product reviews and info on local baby-related businesses.
15. Relocation Guide. The Bluegrass is a great place to live, and this magazine sets out to showcase why. Our annual Relocation Guide is the perfect publication for anyone looking to find out about real estate, schools, the arts, sports, restaurants and more in Central Kentucky.
16. Exceptional Family Magazine. This statewide twice-yearly publication, produced in partnership with the Commonwealth Council on Developmental Disabilities, is for people in Kentucky with disabilities, their families and the professionals who care for them.
17. Successful Aging Resource Guide. This annual guide explores elder care issues in our area and offers information about housing, health care and recreational activities for seniors in Central Kentucky. Older adults or caregivers can also check out our annual Elder Care Tour to visit retirement communities in our area and gather information about their options for elder care housing.
18. Field Trip & Activity Guide. Every teacher, homeschool parent, scout leader or youth group leader needs this annual handbook to plan the perfect field trip. The guide also includes fundraising resources and organizations that bring the field trip to you with “field trips to go.”
19. Find Us On Facebook. Social media is a way to connect with our audience. You can find us on Facebook asking feedback questions, sharing useful info and running more giveaways!
20. Visit Our Website. Our website contains all the articles you find in the print magazine, and then some. We update constantly throughout the month so we can deliver even more content to our readers on the web.
Lexington Family By The Numbers:
20 years in business
77,500 monthly readers
240 issues published
6 ancillary publications