At Your Hospital:
All area birthing hospitals provide the following. Call them for details.
• Prenatal Breastfeeding Classes
• Lactation Consultant help during your hospital stay
• Lactation Clinic to return to after you’ve gone home
Prenatal Breastfeeding Classes:
There are several local providers in addition to birthing hospitals:
• Baby Moon: www.baby-moon.org
or (859) 335-5949
• Babies R Us: (859) 263-8857
• Lexington-Fayette Co. Health Dept.:
• Clark Co. Health Dept.:
• Jessamine Co. Health Dept.:
• La Leche League: Offers a daytime meeting the fourth Monday of each month at Centered, 309 N. Ashland Ave., #180, Lexington.
La Leche also holds a monthly Facebook Group meeting and personal telephone support.
Info: (859) 559-8488, (859) 351-9865 or visit www.lllofkytn.org/greater-lexington.
• Mindful Moms of the Bluegrass: Offers a daytime meeting the first Saturday of each month at Baby Moon, 2891 Richmond Road, Lexington. Also has a closed Facebook Group at www.facebook.com/groups/mindfulmomslexingtonky/
• Breastfeeding Telephone Help Line, Lexington-Fayette Co. Health Department: (859) 288-2348.
• WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselors, open to WIC participants in the following counties: Clark, Scott, Nicholas, Harrison and Jessamine.
• Kentucky Breastfeeding Resource Guide (covers the entire state): www.kybreastfeeding.com/ResourceGuide.html
• Lactation Improvement Network of Kentucky (LINK) Webpage: http://breastfeedkentucky.com/
• La Leche League International: www.llli.org/
• American Academy of Pediatrics breastfeeding information: www.healthychildren.org/English/ages-stages/baby/breastfeeding/Pages/default.aspx
• www.secretsofbabybehavior.com (a blog on all kinds of things about how babies work!)
There are also many smart phone apps for tracking breastfeedings, pumping, naps and diaper changes. Search at your app store for options.
Compiled by Doraine Bailey, MA, IBCLC.