LearningRx, which is inspired by the latest breakthroughs in the science of the brain, is based on the principle that brain training can help students improve cognitive function and perform better in school.
Neuroplasticity, the brain’s ability to adapt and grow, is the science behind brain training and the basis of each of the LearningRx brain training programs.
The program exposes each student to a customized series of intense mental workouts.
To perform these workouts, the brain is forced to strengthen, reorganize and even create new neural pathways.
In other words, brain training “rewires” the brain to perform more efficiently than ever before.
How important is it to force your brain to work hard?
Not using it leads to decay.
Dr. Ratey concludes that, “for the first time, we are learning to see mental weaknesses as physical systems in need of training and practice.”
A rapidly growing body of scientific and medical research continues to prove that brain training rewires the brain and creates life-changing results.
For example, using noninvasive fMRI technology to create detailed images of the working brain, scientists have documented that the brains of “good” readers and “poor” readers are “wired” to function differently.
Intense training makes it possible to rewire the brain so that reading becomes faster and easier than before.
The results of LearningRx brain training programs speak for themselves.
In fact, LearningRx students test higher in IQ – an average of 15 points higher – after completing brain training.
How does this translate into real life changes?
- With stronger cognitive skills and higher IQ, students learn things faster and easier than before.
- Students have measurably better memory skills and concentration.
- Students perform better in the classroom, on the athletic field and even behind the wheel of a car.
- They report having greater confidence in academics and in life.
- They are more likely to go to college.
- They have an edge in their careers.
- And because there’s a link between IQ and income, they’re even likely to make more money.