Here are a few basic safety tips for better sleep for baby:
- No loose blankets, pillows or toys. These pose a suffocation hazard.
- No mobiles or dangling toys within baby’s reach. Babies can be strangled by these toys
- Keep blind cords and baby monitor cords out of reach as well.
- No gaps between mattress and sides of the crib.
- Check for recalls on cribs, bassinets and play yards to make sure yours are still safe to use. NEVER try to modify an old crib to meet new safety standards.
- Crib slats should be no more than 2 3/8 inches apart, to prevent baby’s head from getting stuck.
- Always lay your baby down to sleep on his back.
More info on sleep safety is available at the following sites: