Get them involved in choosing what they’d like to try. And one of the best places to do that is at your local Farmers Market.
Originally held only on Saturdays in downtown Lexington, you can now find markets all over the city and almost every day of the week.
The following is a schedule of area Farmers Markets.
Bluegrass Farmers Market
- 3450 Richmond Road parking lot of Pedal the Planet & Fast Signs Tuesdays, 3-6 p.m. Saturdays, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Stonewall Center, 3101 Clays Mill Rd. / Tuesdays, 3-6 p.m. Saturdays, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
Lexington Farmers Market
- Cheapside Park / Saturdays 7 a.m.- 3 p.m.
- Southland Drive near Save-A-Lot: Sundays, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- South Broadway at Maxwell Street / Tuesdays & Thursdays, 7 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Alumni & University Dr. Wednesdays, 3-6 p.m.
Azur Farmers Bazaar
- 3070 Lakecrest Circle, Beaumont Centre / Saturdays, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Jessamine Co. Farmers Market
- City Hall parking lot, 335 East Main St., Wilmore Saturdays, 8 a.m.-noon
- Jessamine Co. Senior Citizens Center, 111 Hoover Dr., Nicholasville Wednesdays, 9:30 a.m.-noon
Scott Co. Farmers Market
- Whitaker Bank parking lot Champion Way, Georgetown Wednesdays, 2-6 p.m.
- Courthouse Square Downtown Georgetown / Fridays, 7 a.m.-1 p.m.
Woodford Co. Farmers Market
- Darlin’ Jeans Restaurant Parking Lot, Main St., Midway Mondays, 3-6 p.m.
- Courthouse Square, Versailles Saturdays, 8:30 a.m.-noon
- Versailles Presbyterian Church Parking Lot Wednesdays, 3-6 p.m.