Hospice volunteers are specially trained (free of charge) to have the information they need to feel well prepared.
Could you share some time to assist Hospice patients and their families?
- Companionship: Assist patients and families.
- Respite Care: Stay with a patient to provide caregivers a break.
- Transportation: Provide rides for patients and families.
- Care Calls: Phone patients to ensure they have needed supplies, medications and medical equipment.
- 11th Hour: Stay with actively dying patients who have no family so that no one will die alone.
- Professional: Provide skills such as beautician, musician, attorney, massage therapist, pet therapy, etc.
- Bereavement: Offer care to family members grieving the loss of a loved one.
- Administrative Support: Clerical services, etc.
- Special Events: Assist with fundraising and events.
For information about training, visit www.hospicebg.org