At the heart of Community Montessori School is the philosophy of Maria Montessori, whose educational method has proved successful for more than a century in schools around the world.
Montessori education is designed to help children with their task of inner construction as they grow from childhood to maturity.
Community Montessori, founded in 1970, serves children ages 3 to 6 at the Primary level, 6 to 12 at the Elementary level, and 13 to 15 in the Middle School program.
Community Montessori is a non-profit corporation affiliated with the Association Montessori International and the North America Montessori Teacher’s Association, and it is accredited by the state of Kentucky.
Montessori Education is:
- Based on the natural development of the human being.
- Children learning at their own pace and following their individual interests.
- Learning that physical exploration and cognition are linked.
- Believing that individual and personal development brings its own rewards and motivation.
- Protecting each child’s rhythm by allowing uninterrupted work cycles.
- Building communities of children in multi-age classrooms.