A mom who plans to breastfeed is in for a wild ride. It’s not always easy, but the benefits are undeniable. Putting together a “Breastfeeding Basket” is a unique and useful gift for a breastfeeding mom. So grab a cute tote bag or basket and start with these basic must-haves for a nursing mother.
- Breast pads: To catch the leaks. You can include a box of disposables or reusable pads if you have an eco-conscious mama.
- Lanolin cream: To soothe soreness, dryness or cracking.
- Nursing tank tops: Tank tops with the right snaps are great for nighttime feedings or to wear under regular clothes.
- Nursing shawl: For feeding in public. Nursing covers come in so many colors and patterns, you can personalize it for your mom of honor.
- Burp clothes: For the inevitable spills, leaks and spit up.
- Ice packs: To relieve engorgement pain.
- Boppy: Or other nursing pillow. Nursing pillows provide relief for a new moms weary arms.
- Fluids: Include lots of bottled water or a box of her favorite tea. She will forget to take care of herself in the midst of a new baby, and hydration is key to her overall well-being.
Bring this gift to a shower and you will surely see nods of approval from mothers who breastfed their children. Providing these basics will help get Mom through the rough days, but a gift that shows your support is invaluable.