15) Calendar! – Every month we provide the best day-to-day calendar of events for families in Central Kentucky and beyond. Get out and about!
14) Resources! – We compile the most comprehensive guides for our readers, including private schools, summer camps, preschools and daycares, birthday party locations, after-school activities, maternity resources and retirement communities.
13) Win a Contest! – At our Summer Camp Fair, area kids win prizes in our Writing Contest and can enter to be one of our Cover Models.
12) Summer Camp Fair! – Plan all your children’s activities, visiting 80 exhibitors representing summer camps and enrichment activities on 4/13/13.
11) More Resources for All – In addition to our monthly magazine, we publish four annual publications: Baby Bump, a maternity guide; Field Trip & Activity Guide, for teachers, camp directors, homeschool and church youth groups, and is distributed to every elementary school teacher in Fayette and nine other counties; Successful Aging Resource Guide, an elder guide publication; and Exceptional Family KY, a statewide magazine dedicated to those with disabilities. We publish that magazine in partnership with the Kentucky Council on Developmental Disabilities.
10) New Mom Info – In addition to the annual maternity guide, we also offer www.babybumplexington.com, which is maintained by Baby Bump editor Katie Saltz. The web site is devoted to all things maternity and the first year or two of a child’s life.
9) Keep Your Family Healthy – Every issue we provide expert advice and information from Dr. Charles Ison, a pediatrician at Pediatric & Adolescent Associates, Dr. Diana Hayslip of Family Practice Associates, and Dr. Rick Graebe, a Versailles behavioral optometrist specializing in Vision Therapy.
8) Laughing Matters– Katie Saltz, our Baby Bump editor and a local mom who created the blog, “My New Heartbeat,” writes a monthly column of the same name. Katie brings her razor sharp wit to the new mom experience.
7) Find Us Everywhere – With more than 700 distribution points in Fayette and seven surrounding counties, the magazine can be found everywhere families gather.
6) Educator of the Month – With sponsor Asbury University, we honor educators. In addition to being profiled in the magazine, each Educator of the Month will receive a commemorative plaque, a framed copy of the article and a gift certificate to a quality restaurant in Lexington. Nominate an Educator at www.lexingtonfamily.com.
5) Scholar Athlete of the Month – With sponsor Kentucky Utilities, we have recognized more than 180 Scholar-Athletes. This year, a local business group led by Mike Pulliam of Rector Hayden Realtors and Man O’ War Golf is sponsoring $2,500 in scholarships to be shared by two Scholar Athletes. Nominate a Scholar Athlete at www.lexingtonfamily.com.
4) Stay in Touch – From our Facebook page to our weekly e-newsletter, you can keep up with the latest family friendly events in the area and enter to win cool giveaways. Friend us on Facebook and sign up for our free e-newsletter by visiting our web site.
3) Win Free Stuff – From Circus and Disney on Ice tickets to local children’s performances and the latest DVDs, we feature all kinds of giveaways in the magazine. Turn to the Giveaway page in the magazine today and register to win.
2) In Praise of Our Children! – My son Jack and the children of our staff members have inspired each and every issue of Lexington Family. Let’s hear it for all our kids.
1) Free! Free! Free! – Everything we do at Lexington Family Magazine is free to our readers. That’s been true for 15 years and it’ll be true for the next 15, so enjoy.