Dads-to-be, here is your chance. If your lady is currently pregnant on Mother’s Day, this is pretty much your only chance to get her the great gift. Every year from now on you will be outshone by macaroni necklaces and finger paintings.
These are my top picks for Mother’s Day gifts for a mom who is still housing her baby come May 13.
- “Mom” jewelry. Much nicer than a future tattoo on your child’s bicep. I still wear the “Mommy” necklace I got at the hospital. Blinged out or simple and sleek, you can find “Mom” necklaces or bracelets at any jewelry store this month.
- House cleaning gift card. Bonus points if this one doesn’t have an expiration date.
- A prenatal massage. A massage is a great gift for mothers at all times, but some relief from pregnancy aches and pains will be much appreciated.
- A body pillow. Special body pillows contour to the shape of a pregnant woman sleeping on her side. Even if you don’t think she needs it now, she will.
- A pretty maternity or nursing top. Yes, they do exist. Go to your local maternity store and find something that suits her pre-pregnancy style.
- A decaf gift basket. If your pregnant lady was a coffee addict, make a cute basket full of decaffeinated coffees and teas. (And a “World’s Best Mommy” mug wouldn’t hurt.)
- A fancy date night. You will spend plenty of time in family-friendly restaurants for the next decade of Mother’s Days. Take her somewhere nice where you can cherish the remaining time you have as a free couple.
Whatever you end up buying, try to avoid baby gear. This day is about celebrating mom. The baby will get plenty of gifts over the next few months, so let this day focus on the woman who is carrying your precious little one and what she means to you.