by Katie Saltz
When we found out I was pregnant with a little girl, I wanted to tell our friends in a fun, festive way. We got a beautiful, pink flowered cake that we kept covered with a cloth until the big moment. When we whipped off the cover we were met with cheers and lots of hugging. It is a great memory.
Gender reveal parties are a growing trend among expectant parents. If you want to create your own specialty treats, you can share the news in an easy, delicious way.
Recipe for gender reveal cupcakes:
- Bake desired number of vanilla or chocolate cupcakes according to directions on box.
- Once cooled, use a small, thin serated knife to cut a small cone in the top of each cupcake, being careful not to pierce the bottom. Set the cone pieces aside.
- Make your filling either pink or blue. Food coloring into regular cake icing, cream cheese icing, or raspberry or blueberry jam work well. Fill the cupcake hole about 2/3 of the way full.
- Replace the cone-shaped cupcake piece into the hole. You can cut a small piece off the bottom of the cone if the filling overflows.
- Ice the top of the cupcakes with a neutral color. Adding a question mark in a contrasting neutral can be fun to keep everyone guessing.
- When you are ready, have your guests bite in and enjoy the surprise!